A pellet machine (also known as a pelletiser) is used to produce pellets. The pellets are usually produced usually from wood, straw or sawdust and pressed under high pressure. You can use them as fuel for your pellet furnace or as animal feed. From our article, you will learn how to properly service and operate the Wiesenfield WIE-PM-500 pellet making machine.
How does a pellet machine work?
A pelletiser converts biomass, such as sawdust, into pellets in an efficient manner. Once the feedstock is poured into the hopper, it is compressed by a die inside the machine. The process takes place at a high pressure and a temperature of 60 to 80°C, which ensures an optimal pellet consistency. Its size depends on the die used. The diameter of its holes translates into the size of the pellets obtained.
How to use the Wiesenfield WIE-PM-500 pelletiser
WATCH THE VIDEO ON HOW TO USE THE WIESENFIELD WIE-PM-500 PELLET MACHINE!
Pelletiser Wiesenfield WIE-PM-500
- Versatile – for the production of pellets from organic materials for heating and fertilising and feed for animals
- Efficiency – processes 60-100 kg/h of feed or 40-60 kg/h of wooden sawdust
- High power – 3000 W motor delivers 1430 rpm
- Durability – excellent pellet consistency thanks to an operating temperature of 60 to 80°C
- Intuitive – compact, mobile and easy to use machine on four wheels
Pelletiser Wiesenfield WIE-PM-500 – machine overview
ATTENTION: This article is intended as a guide to facilitate the use of the device. Before you start working, be sure to read the manual and the safety instructions contained in it!
Take a close look at all the components that make up the pellet making machine:
- Upper casing
- Oil filler cap (not visible in the diagram) 5.
- Cassette with ON and OFF buttons
- Power socket
- Oil drain plug
Pellet making machine Wiesenfield WIE-PM-500 – assembly of the device
Once you have unpacked your pellet machine, follow the steps below:
- Attach the wheels of the machine using the mounting brackets.
- Attach the net to the hopper.
- Place the hopper on the machine casing and screw it on.
- Screw the chute on.
- Make the electrical connection. WARNING: Remember that the connection should be made by a qualified person according to the diagram in the manual!
How do I prepare the Wiesenfield WIE-PM-500 for operation?
- Place the pelletizer in a safe, clean, stable place (away from heat and water) to ensure air flow.
- Make sure that the power supply to the appliance matches the data shown on the rating plate.
- Check that all screws and bolts are tight.
- Use a grease gun to inject grease into the main shaft.
- Dismantle the rollers and remove the bearings.
- Grease the bearings and assemble the rollers.
- Remember to lubricate the bearings and rollers with the grease intended for this purpose.
- Repeat this process after every 8 hours of operation of the pellet machine.
- Adjust rollers to ensure free movement of the die.
- Top up the oil.
How do I grind the die before first use?
Remember to prepare the machine correctly before grinding the die (see above)!
- To grind a new die you need:
- 5 kg of sawdust (sawdust or flour),
- 1.5 l of vegetable oil (can be used or dirty),
- 5 kg of fine sand (optional).
- Mix all ingredients in a bucket until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Connect the pelletiser to the power source, then switch on using the ON button. The motor should start and the die should begin to rotate.
- Place the pellet container under the chute.
- Push the mixture through the die 80-90 times until the pellets meet the quality requirements.
How to start the Wiesenfield WIE-PM-500 pellet machine – operating guide
Once you have the unit ready for use and the die grinded, you can proceed. Before using it for the first time or after replacing the die, always verify that the direction of rotation of the die is in line with the arrow (sticker on the casing). Follow the following steps in sequence:
- Prepare the mixture for pellet making – the maximum length of raw material should be about 5 mm.
- Connect the pelletizer to the power source, then switch on using the ON button. The motor should start and the die should begin to rotate.
- Place the pellet container under the chute.
- Pour a small amount of the mixture to be granulated into the chute. If you throw in too large of a portion at once, the die may clog.
- Follow the same procedure until the prepared mix has been completely processed.
- When you have finished working, switch the machine off with the OFF button and unplug it from the power supply.
- Remember not to stop the machine while the pellets are being pressed (except for an emergency stop)! The machine may clog.
- Clean the machine so that no pellets are left on the rollers or in the die.
- Bear in mind that the pellets will reach the correct consistency only after they have cooled down.
Servicing the Wiesenfield WIE-PM-500 step by step
Always ensure that the pelletiser is not connected to the power supply before carrying out maintenance.
Replacement/disassembly of the die
- Unscrew the hopper and remove it from the casing.
- Remove the screws adjusting the pressure between the die and rollers and the screws securing the upper casing.
- Clean out any remaining material.
- you can use a drill to pre-push the holes in the die.
- Use the Allen key to unscrew the die.
- To remove the die, first screw in the holder with the two screws.
- Then slowly screw in screw 3, the die will begin to rise gently.
- Pull out the die.
- Clean the rollers of any remaining material.
- Clean or replace the die with a new one – remember to use only non-corrosive cleaning agents.
- Thoroughly dry components after each cleaning.
- When assembling, repeat the previous steps in reverse order.
Roller and die lubrication
Lubricate rollers and die with bearing grease each time after 8 hours of operation.
- Remove rollers.
- Remove and dismantle rollers.
- Remove bearings.
- Grease the bearings.
- Screw rollers together and install on the die.
- Insert and tighten screws.
- Inject grease into the die using the supplied grease gun.
- Insert the tip of the grease gun into the grease injection hole.
- Press down on the handle of the grease gun to start the injection.
Remember to change the oil after 60 hours of operation.
- Place the used oil container under the machine and unscrew the screw.
- Wait for the oil to drain.
- Turn the screw.
- To pour fresh oil into the box, unscrew the oil filler.
- Pour in the oil, then screw the filler cap on.
- Measure the oil level and condition with the detachable dipstick.